Provides a collection of technical indicators which
can be used in the construction of technical trading systems. Moreover, by
using these methods with our DataBase mediator technology you will be able
to iteratively apply these indicators to historical data stored within a DBMS.
Within this Component product we have implemented the following functionality:
- Technical Indicators
- Moving Averages - Simple, Median, Geometric Moving Averages, Weighted Moving Average (WMA),
Linearly Weighted Moving Average (LWMA), Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA), Triangular Moving
Average (TMA), Kairi Indicator
- Directional Movement Indicator (DMI) and Average Directional Movement Indicator
(ADX) - Directional Movement (PDM, MDM), True Range (TR), Average Daily True Range (ADTR),
Directional Indicators (DX, ADX)
- Accumulation/Distribution - Accumulation/Distribution Indicator, Chaikin Oscillator,
Chaikin Money Flow (CMF)
- Trend or Range? - Aroon Up/Down, Aroon Oscillator
- Market Strength - Balance of Power (BOP), Market Facilitation Index (MFI)
- Momentum - Momentum, Momentum percentage, highest/lowest element and position, Trend Intensity Index
- Oscillators - Money Flow Index (MFI), Momentum, Rate of Change (ROC), Relative Strength Indicator (LSI)
- Bollinger Bands - Upper and Lower Bollinger Bands
- Mean Reversion - Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
- Stochastics - (fast and slow) \%K Stochastic, (general) \%D Stochastic
- Volume - Negative Volume Index (NVI), Positive Volume Index (PVI), On Balance Volume
- Volatility - Chaikin, historical estimate (with/without dividends), standard error of historical estimate, Return over Period
- Filters - Typical price, Median, Average, Price Action Indicator (PAIN), Finite Impulse Response (FIR)
- Single and Multi Period Indicators - For most of the indicators we provide two versions:
- Single Period Version - Evaluates the indicator over the entire period given. Such methods
are particularly applicable to instances where the component interacts with a DBMS.
- Multi Period Version - Evaluates the indicator over all sub-period of a given length for the
data provided. Such methods are particularly applicable to instances where the component interacts with a
client side GUI such as a charting component.
- Trading Systems
- Simple Crossing MA Trading System - Uses the classical approach of generating trading signals
by the crossing of two moving averages.
- DMI Trading System - Uses Directional Motion Indicator (DMI) Trading Signal and Average Directional
Movement Index Rating (ADXR) which form the basis of the DMI Trading System which was developed by Wellas Wilder.
- Stochastics Trading Systems
- Extreme Value Signal - Produces extremum trading signals using a slow and fast Stochastic indicator.
- Crossing Signal - Generates trading signals based on the crossing of the fast Stochastic crossing the
(simple, geometric, linear or exponential) moving average of the slow Stochastic.
- Crossing Extreme Signal - Generates a trading signal when the crossing of the slow and fast Stochastic
occurs either above or below the extremum value.
This product also has the following technology aspects:
- 3-in-1: .NET, COM, and XML Web services - Three DLLs, Three API Docs, Three
Sets of Client Examples all in 1 product. Offering a 1st class .NET, COM, and XML Web service
- Extensive Client Examples - Multiple client examples including .NET (Delphi, C#,
VB.NET), COM and XML Web services (C#, VB.NET)
- Compatible Containers - Delphi 3-8, Delphi 2005, Borland's C++ Builder
(incl. C++Builder, C++BuilderX, C++ 2005), Office 97/2000/XP/2003.
- ADO Mediator - The ADO Mediator assists the .NET developer in writing
DBMS enabled applications by transparently combining the financial and
mathematical functionality of our .NET components with the ADO.NET Database
- ASP.NET Web Application Examples - We provide an ASP.NET Web Application
example which enables you to quickly test the functionality within this .NET Service.
- ASP.NET Examples with Synthetic ADO.NET - we use a ASP.NET service to perform component
calculations on SQL database columns from a remote DBMS. We apply a
component's function to certain rows from the database and list the output in
HTML format. This is a powerful feature since it allows you to perform
calculations in a DBMS manner without having to code the C#to SQL
database transaction yourself as it is all done by the ASP within the .NET
Framework managed server side environment.